Friday, March 6, 2020

Papa and his love lives on in my heart

Papas passing away was the largest impact event of my life. My life today would have been in a different trajectory if he was not snatched away so cruelly. I miss him terribly every single day, and strive to be a daughter that he would have been proud of.

At this moment, I look at my daughter and have only one thought. Papa passed away due to an accident, something he could not help, but my daughter should not have to go through this pain. Each of us, when we become a parent, have the responsibility of being as healthy and as careful as we can, so that we are not snatched away from our children due to our avoidable irresponsibility. It's a sacred relationship, that of a parent with a child. Whatever the age of the child, whatever worldly success, whatever other significant relationships - a parent loves like no other, is needed like no other, at ALL stage of life.

I am grateful for Papas love. He stayed too less, but his love has illuminated every second of my life. His love fuels me everyday, every hour. His absence feels like a physical pain to me, and will probably be so, till the time I live.

I miss you, papa...

No comments:

Post a Comment